Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fwd: Rain and...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Zach Blaszczyk
Date: Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 3:04 PM
Subject: Rain and...
To:


Hey fam, Que tal??

Well it was nice to hear from all of you. Here in Esquipulas I´ve learned a lot this week about relationships and christlike attributes of patience and diligence. But besides that it´s pretty much just been the missionary grind.
For the first time in my mission we actually kind of had a dinner appointment I think. This part member family with the sisters that have a date, well we were teaching them and they had ordered pizza so when the lesson ended they invited us to stay. And note this was the first time we actually kind of had a dinner at a members house in my whole mission. I mean before we´ve been given bananas, mangos and popcicles but this was the first food and beverage meal ever offered to us. It was so nice of them but also on the flip side I felt kind of bad because they live in a one room house made of 4 walls of corrugated tin. So it was humbling to see their selflessness. Back to food the next closest thing we´ve had to a meal at a members house is these two eternal investiagadores, eternal because they´ve been meeting with the missionaries for 15 years and just don´t want to get married. Any way so they once gave us some cooked mango which is like food and drink because its cooked mango in this sugary water and its boiled. Actually really good but super sweet.
Besides that not much else has happened in our week. It was actually a really boring week, except last pday we killed a chicken for one elder in our districts bday, but I thnk I might have written you about that last week, I don´t know.
Also on thurday we had the hardest rain I think I´ve ever seen in my life. It rained for 3 hours and just poured like stormage to the max. We were in a lesson and we had to pretty much end the lesson because the sound of the rain on the tin roof was too much. So ya that was way sweet. And ya that was my week in Esquipulas.
Que les vaya bien
Elder Blaszczyk



No comments:

Post a Comment