---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: christopher blaszczyk
Date: Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 8:26 AM
Subject: A weird week
To:
Well Family,
Sounds like you are just having oodles of fun this past week. Basically my week has been very busy, my companion is new so he just kind of works to work with a loss to the purpose of why. It should be interesting to see how this goes. My area is inner city a first in my mission. We are teaching this family the mom and Dad are call Carina and Juanpablo. They need to get married but that is not a huge deal. The cool thing is the have a daughter who is deaf like Eli in almafurete is, so I get to use my sign language again. It is kind of crazy how the lord works and puts us were we can use our talents. Basically everybody else we have right now is so so. Kind of people who do not want to commit or are super busy. So we will see.
But the ward is pretty cool. A lot of little kids I guess I am being prepared for coming home to the new ward. ( It's a joke) Kind of a funny experience this week was we passed by this house and the lady just let us in. I thought it was a members house but it was actually the first time the elders had entered the house. My companion kept looking at me to start teaching and I had no idea what was going on. But Finally I got the message and we started to teach and went pretty good. Her name is Vanessa and is separated from her husband and has a little boy.
It was weird Sunday during sacrament meeting I got a real conformation that I am here for a reason and the lord is in control. I started to remember a bunch of different experiences. It was very powerful for me.
Well I love you all
Elder Ross Blaszczyk
PS. It is absoultly freezing here in Cordoba finally it is starting to warm up today. Well take care during camping.
From: christopher blaszczyk
Date: Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 8:26 AM
Subject: A weird week
To:
Well Family,
Sounds like you are just having oodles of fun this past week. Basically my week has been very busy, my companion is new so he just kind of works to work with a loss to the purpose of why. It should be interesting to see how this goes. My area is inner city a first in my mission. We are teaching this family the mom and Dad are call Carina and Juanpablo. They need to get married but that is not a huge deal. The cool thing is the have a daughter who is deaf like Eli in almafurete is, so I get to use my sign language again. It is kind of crazy how the lord works and puts us were we can use our talents. Basically everybody else we have right now is so so. Kind of people who do not want to commit or are super busy. So we will see.
But the ward is pretty cool. A lot of little kids I guess I am being prepared for coming home to the new ward. ( It's a joke) Kind of a funny experience this week was we passed by this house and the lady just let us in. I thought it was a members house but it was actually the first time the elders had entered the house. My companion kept looking at me to start teaching and I had no idea what was going on. But Finally I got the message and we started to teach and went pretty good. Her name is Vanessa and is separated from her husband and has a little boy.
It was weird Sunday during sacrament meeting I got a real conformation that I am here for a reason and the lord is in control. I started to remember a bunch of different experiences. It was very powerful for me.
Well I love you all
Elder Ross Blaszczyk
PS. It is absoultly freezing here in Cordoba finally it is starting to warm up today. Well take care during camping.
Hi Ross,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that your mission is going so well! It'll be nice to see you possibly someday after you get home.
I too embark on a little bit of a journey. In September I leave on a program called Katimavik across Canada for six months. The first spot is in Ontario, then Quebec, then a tiny town in Labrador. I'm rather excited!
There have been many trying experiences and chances to grow spiritually, so in the end it all evens out. I'm really fond of the scripture Alma 26: 6-7. It's helped me through a lot.
Anyway, this is probably the last time you'll hear from me until I leave. I've been getting weekly emails from Tina as well. I love to hear mission stories!
Love,
Karen