---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Zach Blaszczyk
Date: Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 4:30 PM
Subject: Word new comp week 1
To:
Dear family,
I´m glad to hear about all of your exciting adventures. And I remember when Ross and I were little and loved going to that phoenix comics to get star wars figures. I hope you all have a safe trip with gram and gramps to seattle.
Now my week. Well lets start with my new comp. not going to lie I like his teaching style a lot more than my dad´s. Im learning so much from on how to organize and run an effective mission program in a rama(branch). Also my Spanish, I don´t what i´m doing differently but my Spanish has just shot through the roof this past week. I can actually understand and respond to peoples questions in a lesson. Nothing short of miraculous, i´m still improving my speech though. My comp says my accent is decent but my grammer needs some work. But its all that bishop korella said to me before the mission. Confidence, and if you have that your not scared to do anything cause i realized the unique position im in being a missionary of Christ called of god. No other church has the authority to do such. Also something cool is that this last week while contacting I responded to this one lady in Spanish but I didn´t know what I said, like I was legitimately scared that I said something wrong but it was right and I didn´t know the English word for it. Ross is probably had the same thing where on pdays your speaking spanglish to the other gringos. I think that's why ross´s letters are so short.
Another cool experience this week, I got to baptize someone. It was a little girl in the rama whose Mom had converted like 9 years ago but the husband had bounced(happens a lot here). So they always get the missionaries to do it. And since i´m the senor missionary in the area I got to do it. It was sweat because after we had some cake and tostados(toasted tortillas with beans) because it was the girls 8th bday that day. It was a really nice baptism, my comp is just so on top of things.
What else, our investigadores are slow to progress. If its not one thing its another. One had a family thing and the ones that have the fecha work on Sundays. So need to get them to change jobs. That's leida and gladys. The cool thing is that their step dad is a member, well not really their dad,but and since we´ve been visiting him you can just see a difference in him. He´s starting to remember when he converted and why hes a member, theres just a light about him I can see. But he needs to marry his women and get the priesthood. So that's the goal. But besides that this week has been pretty slow just showing around my new comp to the members and learning more about the members, its actually really nice now that I can actually understand the members and their stories. That's about it oh and an update on the booger situation. Yes theres a booger situation. My boogers have turned like ninja turtle green and smell like cow pies. I heard if I move to the cap its not much better so I try to blow my nose as little as possible. That's about it.
Con amor
Elder blaszczyk
From: Zach Blaszczyk
Date: Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 4:30 PM
Subject: Word new comp week 1
To:
Dear family,
I´m glad to hear about all of your exciting adventures. And I remember when Ross and I were little and loved going to that phoenix comics to get star wars figures. I hope you all have a safe trip with gram and gramps to seattle.
Now my week. Well lets start with my new comp. not going to lie I like his teaching style a lot more than my dad´s. Im learning so much from on how to organize and run an effective mission program in a rama(branch). Also my Spanish, I don´t what i´m doing differently but my Spanish has just shot through the roof this past week. I can actually understand and respond to peoples questions in a lesson. Nothing short of miraculous, i´m still improving my speech though. My comp says my accent is decent but my grammer needs some work. But its all that bishop korella said to me before the mission. Confidence, and if you have that your not scared to do anything cause i realized the unique position im in being a missionary of Christ called of god. No other church has the authority to do such. Also something cool is that this last week while contacting I responded to this one lady in Spanish but I didn´t know what I said, like I was legitimately scared that I said something wrong but it was right and I didn´t know the English word for it. Ross is probably had the same thing where on pdays your speaking spanglish to the other gringos. I think that's why ross´s letters are so short.
Another cool experience this week, I got to baptize someone. It was a little girl in the rama whose Mom had converted like 9 years ago but the husband had bounced(happens a lot here). So they always get the missionaries to do it. And since i´m the senor missionary in the area I got to do it. It was sweat because after we had some cake and tostados(toasted tortillas with beans) because it was the girls 8th bday that day. It was a really nice baptism, my comp is just so on top of things.
What else, our investigadores are slow to progress. If its not one thing its another. One had a family thing and the ones that have the fecha work on Sundays. So need to get them to change jobs. That's leida and gladys. The cool thing is that their step dad is a member, well not really their dad,but and since we´ve been visiting him you can just see a difference in him. He´s starting to remember when he converted and why hes a member, theres just a light about him I can see. But he needs to marry his women and get the priesthood. So that's the goal. But besides that this week has been pretty slow just showing around my new comp to the members and learning more about the members, its actually really nice now that I can actually understand the members and their stories. That's about it oh and an update on the booger situation. Yes theres a booger situation. My boogers have turned like ninja turtle green and smell like cow pies. I heard if I move to the cap its not much better so I try to blow my nose as little as possible. That's about it.
Con amor
Elder blaszczyk
No comments:
Post a Comment