Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fwd: Tuesday a series of animado events

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Zach Blaszczyk
Date: Tue, May 19, 2009 at 10:26 AM
Subject: Tuesday a series of animado events
To:
Cc:


Hey so this was the series of events that happened last tuesday. So went to the doctors in the morning to get medically cleared, so all good just had to check in with the district president. He was busy until 4 so we would just come back then to talk about travel arrangements. So from then on a typical pday. So at 4 i go to talk with the president. He tells me it´s pretty much my decision if I want to go or to stay. And of course I want to go, so he said he´d let me know either that evening or wednesday when I´d be leaving but wrong. Later that hour as we´re doing laundry a byu police man comes in and tells me I have half an hour to be at the travel office. In a panic Elder Bishop and I book it to the room throw all my stuff in my suit cases, wiegh them, then repack them, and do a final weigh in and alls good then we book it to the travel office with 3 minutes to spare. Whew that was such an adrenalin rush for me. And then I get my flight plans and see that I´ll be going to pheonix then altalnta and finally guatemala. So on the trip I got a whirl wind tour of the south bit of the USA. But what was way sweet was that on the plane ride from salt lake to phenoix, i sat beside this guy named mark and we started talking. First we talked about the church and his church, only because he noticed that on my name tag was the name of jesus christ but in spanish. So it was a great opportunity to explain what i was doing and about the first lesson. It was sweet. Mark was such a chill guy. He was on his way back from a court case he had to solve because he´s a lawyer. So we just had this totally uplifting talk about christ and about the restoration and ya it was way cool. And I know we´re not supposed to listen to music with headphones but he had this one christian acoustic artist that he really wanted me to listen to and it was sweet. We pretty bonded over that. So at the end of the plane ride we gave eachother a man hug and i tried to give him a pass along card, hoping it was for a book of mormon but it was for a christ movie. So he´s all there´s some one else who needs that more. Hopefully he will invite the missionaries in next time he sees them, cause he was telling me that he´s never heard of the mormon church before so I actually thought that was way bizzare. But it was such an uplifting experience. And then nothing much happened, i slept a lot cause the flight to atlanta was a red eye flight. ON the flight to guatemala i sat next to and talked to this baptist guy who was going to guatemala to build a church. So i got to learn a little about where the baptists are coming from. And i got to explain to him some more doctrine, the only thing i wished had done was to bear my testimony to him but I was way tired. And then I got here to Guatemala safe and sound. Or so I thought. Because after you get off the plane and out of the airport there´s just like a billion people trying to sell you taxie rides. But i was looking for some guys in suits to take me but all i found was this short chubby guatemalan man with a sign that read misioneros. The sign it self looked sketchy. But the man was clean shave so why not trust him with my life. So i followed him to his car, which why he parked at the farthest darkest part of the parkade still to this day I don´t know why. But got to his car and luckily his car looked legit. So from there on I stopped wondering if this guy was going to steal my luggage and just chuck me on the streets. He turned out to be a real nice guy, he was telling me that the church employs him seperately to pick up missionaries. Oh and driving in the city was sweet, there was line on the road but no one followed them. And there was just everything going on in the streets it was so much more exciting that here. Anyway i´m out of time and i got here safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment