---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Zach Blaszczyk
Date: Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 10:09 AM
Subject: Cambios!Not really
To:
Dear fam and friends,
First off Feliz cumpleanos Justine, sweet 16. Next week i´ll make a vid for ya and send it.
This week has been action packed, first off last Tuesday we got to go see and listen to Elder Clark of the area seventy and Elder Acosta of the seventy. Both phenomenal, they really helped us learn new ideas on how to find people. One idea that was golden is he told us to have a special activity in the church and then invite all the neighbors individually to attend and see what the church is all about or do some Christmas thing. He said that its key to get the people around the church involved and make them feel welcome there also for people to teach its way effective because most people don´t have cars here so they walk. And that helps a lot if they´re close to the church. So mission wide we´re doing that. Maybe a good idea for you too dad. And the spirit was overpowering, in part because I understood everything. Usually I only get 80to 90 percent. Also Elder acota and his wife have wicked portugese accents.
Also exciting news cambios(changes) so the situation is this same area, same comp. But its for sure going to be sweet, because Elder Cason and I are just lighting this area up. When I mean that I mean we´re working hard and trying to get the members to help us. An answer to our prayers came today when we got a reference from a person from the central mission. I guess hes a branch pres. There and he has a nephew that lives in our area for us to teach. Family of 5! So we just got that phone call 2 hours ago, also we have one family that is progressing, funny thing is she had the strangest dream about the missionaries, could be a good or bad thing. We´re hoping that she acts on the dream and gets baptized now and not later. So the dream was she saw some missionaries but not us with a cake. And she thought it was for her but instead they took the cake to another nouse. Whatever that means but I think I do. Anyway point of the story we have a new progressing investigador and latinos are dreamers.
Florencio is doing good, needs to quit smoking but I think it would be hard since he´s been smoking since he was 12.
Also cool thing that happened, we had stake conferenence in our stake this past week. And I guess it was a satellite broadcast to all the stakes in Guatemala and Belize. So we got o hear some seventies speak and Elder Packer. Elder whitney clayton spoke and he has really good Spanish. Basically they just talked about fortifiying the family which is key here because there are next to no family values. Well it´s different, you either have them or you don´t. There´s no middle ground so they pointed out how important family prayer, scripture study and home evening are. It was good.
Also i´m going to be spending Christmas here in Belen or Bethlehem, so for calling do you want to call me or me you. Because from what I understand for an hour on the phone its about 30 to 40 dollars in calling cards, and I don´t know if you can do better than that or what so let me know.
Also for cambios our district got made into a zone, so our zone is now the smallest in the mission.(6 companionships)
Love ya´ll que les vaya bien.
Elder Blaszczyk(Soon to be the only)
Como esta Ross? Como sienta, tiene solo uno mas semana. Esta extrano por que yo recuerdo cuando el grupo que murio este cambio solo tiene 18 meses.
From: Zach Blaszczyk
Date: Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 10:09 AM
Subject: Cambios!Not really
To:
Dear fam and friends,
First off Feliz cumpleanos Justine, sweet 16. Next week i´ll make a vid for ya and send it.
This week has been action packed, first off last Tuesday we got to go see and listen to Elder Clark of the area seventy and Elder Acosta of the seventy. Both phenomenal, they really helped us learn new ideas on how to find people. One idea that was golden is he told us to have a special activity in the church and then invite all the neighbors individually to attend and see what the church is all about or do some Christmas thing. He said that its key to get the people around the church involved and make them feel welcome there also for people to teach its way effective because most people don´t have cars here so they walk. And that helps a lot if they´re close to the church. So mission wide we´re doing that. Maybe a good idea for you too dad. And the spirit was overpowering, in part because I understood everything. Usually I only get 80to 90 percent. Also Elder acota and his wife have wicked portugese accents.
Also exciting news cambios(changes) so the situation is this same area, same comp. But its for sure going to be sweet, because Elder Cason and I are just lighting this area up. When I mean that I mean we´re working hard and trying to get the members to help us. An answer to our prayers came today when we got a reference from a person from the central mission. I guess hes a branch pres. There and he has a nephew that lives in our area for us to teach. Family of 5! So we just got that phone call 2 hours ago, also we have one family that is progressing, funny thing is she had the strangest dream about the missionaries, could be a good or bad thing. We´re hoping that she acts on the dream and gets baptized now and not later. So the dream was she saw some missionaries but not us with a cake. And she thought it was for her but instead they took the cake to another nouse. Whatever that means but I think I do. Anyway point of the story we have a new progressing investigador and latinos are dreamers.
Florencio is doing good, needs to quit smoking but I think it would be hard since he´s been smoking since he was 12.
Also cool thing that happened, we had stake conferenence in our stake this past week. And I guess it was a satellite broadcast to all the stakes in Guatemala and Belize. So we got o hear some seventies speak and Elder Packer. Elder whitney clayton spoke and he has really good Spanish. Basically they just talked about fortifiying the family which is key here because there are next to no family values. Well it´s different, you either have them or you don´t. There´s no middle ground so they pointed out how important family prayer, scripture study and home evening are. It was good.
Also i´m going to be spending Christmas here in Belen or Bethlehem, so for calling do you want to call me or me you. Because from what I understand for an hour on the phone its about 30 to 40 dollars in calling cards, and I don´t know if you can do better than that or what so let me know.
Also for cambios our district got made into a zone, so our zone is now the smallest in the mission.(6 companionships)
Love ya´ll que les vaya bien.
Elder Blaszczyk(Soon to be the only)
Como esta Ross? Como sienta, tiene solo uno mas semana. Esta extrano por que yo recuerdo cuando el grupo que murio este cambio solo tiene 18 meses.
No comments:
Post a Comment