---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: christopher blaszczyk
Date: Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:14 AM
Subject: My mtc advice
To:
Dear family,
Well this week was a week of exchanges. I had the zone leaders in my area on tuesday the thing is that my area was his old area so we went and visited some members. There has been a lot of problems in the area since he left like 6 months ago. I just got here and am still a little lost on what happened. Basically a member is trying to get the branch president kicked out because he dosen't like him. The problem is that this chango is that he basically got ran out of another province because of these problems. So ya enough about that.
I got to talk to the mom of a recent convert and she asked me why I came out on the mission so I tried to tell her about eternal familes. So, hopefully she will come to general confrence.
But basically we ran all over my area in about 30 minutes it was pretty tight. I can actually run in suit pants. At the end though I was getting chased by about 10 dogs. Hate Dogs they are the servants devil down here.
This week we have been pushing the book of mormon and we have been having a positive response. We actually taught a new family this week. The husband was not ot thrilled to see us, but the wife might be cool. So I will have to tell you how that goes, because I really felt the spirit during that lesson.
Then I had exchanges with the other are in my district. The missionary is called elder Polanco he is from Mexico. He is such a funny kid. It was really good we taught this family that is basically needing the gospel to save their marriage. So hopefully I will have good news about them in a couple of weeks.
I had to give a talk in sacrament meeting. I don't know why when I get up front all my Spanish leaves me. I didn't help that I could see my compaion and a couple of youth in my ward making the don't understand faces. All well, cool new they are releasing aLDS version of the bilbe in Spanish. Before and now we are using just an evangelist one.
Today we played football so I am way sweaty and need to go take a shower.
Zach advice about the mtc:
1st get up early to take a shower or you are going to be late for class.
2nd drink as much rootbeer and other juices you can because they do not have grape flavored pop down here as well.
3rd actually use MDT correctly since you only have 3 weeks of English help.
4th If it sucks just stick through it the mission is 1000 times better it dosen't get any easier but you have more fun
5th if Hermana Weiss or Alen are your teachers tell me because they were mine in the mtc.
6th temple in English is a blessing, Spanish temple way hard I was there for like 15 minutes when I went through in Buenos arries
Well I love you all
Elder Ross Blaszczyk
From: christopher blaszczyk
Date: Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:14 AM
Subject: My mtc advice
To:
Dear family,
Well this week was a week of exchanges. I had the zone leaders in my area on tuesday the thing is that my area was his old area so we went and visited some members. There has been a lot of problems in the area since he left like 6 months ago. I just got here and am still a little lost on what happened. Basically a member is trying to get the branch president kicked out because he dosen't like him. The problem is that this chango is that he basically got ran out of another province because of these problems. So ya enough about that.
I got to talk to the mom of a recent convert and she asked me why I came out on the mission so I tried to tell her about eternal familes. So, hopefully she will come to general confrence.
But basically we ran all over my area in about 30 minutes it was pretty tight. I can actually run in suit pants. At the end though I was getting chased by about 10 dogs. Hate Dogs they are the servants devil down here.
This week we have been pushing the book of mormon and we have been having a positive response. We actually taught a new family this week. The husband was not ot thrilled to see us, but the wife might be cool. So I will have to tell you how that goes, because I really felt the spirit during that lesson.
Then I had exchanges with the other are in my district. The missionary is called elder Polanco he is from Mexico. He is such a funny kid. It was really good we taught this family that is basically needing the gospel to save their marriage. So hopefully I will have good news about them in a couple of weeks.
I had to give a talk in sacrament meeting. I don't know why when I get up front all my Spanish leaves me. I didn't help that I could see my compaion and a couple of youth in my ward making the don't understand faces. All well, cool new they are releasing aLDS version of the bilbe in Spanish. Before and now we are using just an evangelist one.
Today we played football so I am way sweaty and need to go take a shower.
Zach advice about the mtc:
1st get up early to take a shower or you are going to be late for class.
2nd drink as much rootbeer and other juices you can because they do not have grape flavored pop down here as well.
3rd actually use MDT correctly since you only have 3 weeks of English help.
4th If it sucks just stick through it the mission is 1000 times better it dosen't get any easier but you have more fun
5th if Hermana Weiss or Alen are your teachers tell me because they were mine in the mtc.
6th temple in English is a blessing, Spanish temple way hard I was there for like 15 minutes when I went through in Buenos arries
Well I love you all
Elder Ross Blaszczyk
No comments:
Post a Comment