---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: christopher blaszczyk
Date: Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 9:45 AM
Subject: La rioja
To:
Dear Family,
Well I got transferred this week to La Rioja, which is another province out of Cordoba. My companions name is Stormni ( I think) he is from plata de mar in Buenos Aries. So this will make a year with latinos for companions. What the lord is trying to tell me I have no idea. Because I don't think my language is that bad.
My Areas name is Anartica this seems to be an oxymoron because in la rioja it never really gets cold. The average tempature is 300C during the day, so thank goodness I like the heat chun! But I guess it is a lot cheaper to live out here than in Cordoba. But what makes this transfer so cool is that I am living with Elder Zirker again! I was so pumped when I heard that.
So basically last week after writing you guys I went to my zone activity. Which was a lot of fun, we played volley ball, which was a blast. It was kind of funny because the sprinklers came on while we were playing. The bad thing that happened is that Elder Caniupil came down funny on this ankle so it got all swollen. So that kind of killed our week. But we had this amazing asuado. So good and the sister missionaries made sugar cookies! I was very excited.
Lets see Tuesday I had an interview with the president Olsen. He talked to me for fifteen minutes about being bold. So that was good. It's kind of funny because when I talk to president I can see the vision but when I talk tomy zone leaders I feel like the vision is lost. (aka instead of looking for converts we are looking for numbers) But I know why I am here and it is not for numbers.
Okay this week I had to pay the power bill for 3 months because io had been sending the office our bills and they had not said anything. So I figured good they paid for them wrong go mongo. So I had to pay $320 power bill. So I was really ticked off.
So basically Tuesday and wenesday my companion just hobbled everywhere. At one point I was like "if we were to race a snail you know the snail would win right?" Elder Caniupil is so determined it is funny. Also other district medical news Elder Belton the elder who broke his hand had to have surgery. It was funny because he had to go buy all the parts at the pharmacy. I mean the actual metal parts that go into this arm parts! This country is so crazy.
Then the rest of the week we just tried to work the best we could. I got this member who is way cool and way guacho to engrave our names onto some mates for me. I am going to take a picture and send it on Monday to you guys. Also Zach I bought you this way cool knife. It has this gecko toe as part of the handle hopefully I can get it over the border.
Sunday and Tuesday I just said goodbye to all the almafuerte people. I am going to miss them. That area taught me a lot of things, pacince being one of the major ones. Also spiritual refinement in our trials.
I also figured out that I got a lot of cloths. Especially in garments, and other cloths. I hope this is my second last area because I might leave a lot of cloths here when I get transfred next.
So I had a nice 8 hours of bus rides last night. 2 hours to Cordoba and 6 hours out to la rioja so that is pretty crazy. Also that I have got 16 months this week just seems strange because it dosent feel like it has been that long. All well.
Well I love you and Take care
Lucha
Elder Ross Blaszczyk
PS Dad and Mom,
Hey Mom could you send me a few recipes next week. Like for cornbread and chocolate chip cookie and oatmeal cookies. How is primary doing? Dad ooh cain drops not good. Hopefully it is not anything to bad. Maybe it's just about trek or something. I am still thinking about some other schools still. It is kind of hard because I can not do any research on them.
PS Zach
Two weeks bro until you are in the MTC what craziness. Note do not go crazy on the food because you will get fat. Another note drink as much rootbeer as you can because they do not sell it down here. Be extremely careful these couple of next weeks because satan dose not want you to go so be smart. Vaya con dios hermano
PS Madison
How are you doing Maddie? How is Hei and Yin and Moa and them doing? How is the Japanese going? How is the saxophone playing coming along?
PS Justine
How is it going? Have you started to learn Italian yet? When I get home I want to learn it too? Remember to send me the lists of songs next week.
From: christopher blaszczyk
Date: Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 9:45 AM
Subject: La rioja
To:
Dear Family,
Well I got transferred this week to La Rioja, which is another province out of Cordoba. My companions name is Stormni ( I think) he is from plata de mar in Buenos Aries. So this will make a year with latinos for companions. What the lord is trying to tell me I have no idea. Because I don't think my language is that bad.
My Areas name is Anartica this seems to be an oxymoron because in la rioja it never really gets cold. The average tempature is 300C during the day, so thank goodness I like the heat chun! But I guess it is a lot cheaper to live out here than in Cordoba. But what makes this transfer so cool is that I am living with Elder Zirker again! I was so pumped when I heard that.
So basically last week after writing you guys I went to my zone activity. Which was a lot of fun, we played volley ball, which was a blast. It was kind of funny because the sprinklers came on while we were playing. The bad thing that happened is that Elder Caniupil came down funny on this ankle so it got all swollen. So that kind of killed our week. But we had this amazing asuado. So good and the sister missionaries made sugar cookies! I was very excited.
Lets see Tuesday I had an interview with the president Olsen. He talked to me for fifteen minutes about being bold. So that was good. It's kind of funny because when I talk to president I can see the vision but when I talk tomy zone leaders I feel like the vision is lost. (aka instead of looking for converts we are looking for numbers) But I know why I am here and it is not for numbers.
Okay this week I had to pay the power bill for 3 months because io had been sending the office our bills and they had not said anything. So I figured good they paid for them wrong go mongo. So I had to pay $320 power bill. So I was really ticked off.
So basically Tuesday and wenesday my companion just hobbled everywhere. At one point I was like "if we were to race a snail you know the snail would win right?" Elder Caniupil is so determined it is funny. Also other district medical news Elder Belton the elder who broke his hand had to have surgery. It was funny because he had to go buy all the parts at the pharmacy. I mean the actual metal parts that go into this arm parts! This country is so crazy.
Then the rest of the week we just tried to work the best we could. I got this member who is way cool and way guacho to engrave our names onto some mates for me. I am going to take a picture and send it on Monday to you guys. Also Zach I bought you this way cool knife. It has this gecko toe as part of the handle hopefully I can get it over the border.
Sunday and Tuesday I just said goodbye to all the almafuerte people. I am going to miss them. That area taught me a lot of things, pacince being one of the major ones. Also spiritual refinement in our trials.
I also figured out that I got a lot of cloths. Especially in garments, and other cloths. I hope this is my second last area because I might leave a lot of cloths here when I get transfred next.
So I had a nice 8 hours of bus rides last night. 2 hours to Cordoba and 6 hours out to la rioja so that is pretty crazy. Also that I have got 16 months this week just seems strange because it dosent feel like it has been that long. All well.
Well I love you and Take care
Lucha
Elder Ross Blaszczyk
PS Dad and Mom,
Hey Mom could you send me a few recipes next week. Like for cornbread and chocolate chip cookie and oatmeal cookies. How is primary doing? Dad ooh cain drops not good. Hopefully it is not anything to bad. Maybe it's just about trek or something. I am still thinking about some other schools still. It is kind of hard because I can not do any research on them.
PS Zach
Two weeks bro until you are in the MTC what craziness. Note do not go crazy on the food because you will get fat. Another note drink as much rootbeer as you can because they do not sell it down here. Be extremely careful these couple of next weeks because satan dose not want you to go so be smart. Vaya con dios hermano
PS Madison
How are you doing Maddie? How is Hei and Yin and Moa and them doing? How is the Japanese going? How is the saxophone playing coming along?
PS Justine
How is it going? Have you started to learn Italian yet? When I get home I want to learn it too? Remember to send me the lists of songs next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment