Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Fwd: District leader I am

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: christopher blaszczyk
Date: Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 7:16 AM
Subject: District leader I am
To:


Dear Family,
Well the national drink of Argentina is Mate. Which I am not allowed to drink as a weird missionary rule. But I am bringing some back. Never had the Fattie probably is a Buenos Aires thing. Cordoba is kind of a mix of the modern and the old ganchos. Not a lot of rivers or lakes where I am, so no rowing.

So transfer are that I am staying here with Elder Caniupil in Almafuerte, but I am being moved up to district leader. So yea more responsibility. It is going to be really good I think though because I have a pretty cool district. Though there are only two companionships including mine. So I am pretty excitied about the prospects here this next 6 weeks as well because I am pretty sure we will start seeing the fruits of our labours here.

This past week has just been nuts. We have found a lot of people to teach lately so we are doing a lot of running around. Like Tuesday I tried to get out to visit Alijandro who lives out in ombo this little town about an hour away. But it was raining like crazy and how it works is that we get dropped off at one town and needed to take another bus. The thing was that the other bus never showed up. So we were just hanging out at this bus stop for like 4 hours. A long day too say in short.

The rest of the week was just as crazy. Nothing really cool happened. We are teaching this older Couple named Jaun Carlos and his wife Sara. They are kind of catholic but are willing to listen. The thing is that they want to take it slow which kind of dose not jive with what my leaders want, but everybody needs time, especially when you have been Catholic for 50 years. But I can see they understand in an intellectual way what we are teaching makes sense for them.

The weather this week has also been really strange. For example on Saturday there was this weird kind of smog dust cover all day but no rain. But that night it just poured.

I am trying to think if anything funny happened this week. Nothing is really coming to mind. Spanish is well Spanish some people understand me better than others.

Okay I have lost 40 pounds for sure but I have not weighed myself in a long time and people keep telling me that I lost more weight so I will try to find a scale today. Also I will measure my waist today.

Well I love you all
Lucha
Elder Ross Blaszczyk

PSS Mom and Dad
You can do it! Drop those pounds like there hot. Okay enough weird weight lost talk. We should go for percent not actual weight lost if we are going to see who is the biggest losser. It is good to hear everything is going good. It is still really humid and hot here.

PS Zach
¿Que tal? ¿Como están los manos? Una Cosa para ayudar usted memoriza la primera visión va ayudar un montón. Hey if you could send bubbly toes that would be cool. Or stuff from phil colins like tarzan songs.

PS Justine and Madison
How is school going? I can not believe it is February the time is passing so fast. How are things in our new ward? I hope you are feeling better Madison. Take care know that you guys are in my prayers.



No comments:

Post a Comment