---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: christopher blaszczyk
Date: Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 10:40 AM
Subject: baptism and the spirit
To:
Dear family
Well it is another week in Argentina. This week was just crazy. On Wednesday I had interviews with the mission President. It was really funny because we had them in our apartment. So that was a little interesting because there is not that much room. Like we had the actual interviews in our bedroom and we sat on our beds. But good interviews really short but good. The president is a busy guy. After interviews I had exchanges, which went really well. I was not in my area so basically you just follow the other guy around not really sure who anyone is. It was funny because I actually knew the family we had lunch with; it was crazy because I know their cousins from my last area in villa Libertador. They had come over once so I recognized the son. So it is really a small world.
This week we have been teaching a little boy named Alijandro a lot. He is the nephew of the branch presidents family. The thing is his family lives an hour away and the dad is not working because of an tumor beside his eye. But he is 9 so that makes it a lot different from other teaching experience. Like teaching Tithing with candy.
Friday I had a really cool spiritual experience well actually two. We stopped by the family that was having their daughter baptized. It was a good thing that we did because something had happened with their neighbor and they were put out about it. So we ended up talking about the problem because the mom and dad were pretty close to fighting. So we shared some scriptures and I could feel the spirit change in the house. We talked a lot about the scripture in D&C 100 and something about peace to your soul, when joseph smith was in Jail. And comparing it to their situation.
The second one was more important because after talking with this family I had the impression to go visit our president even though that was not really on our written plans. It was a good thing we did because we meet up with Alijandro and his Mom and his little sister. They did not have any where to sleep that night. The Mom was basically having a break down. So we walked with her and just kept her talking. She is under a lot of stress because of her husband's desies. The family is not that supportive also so that creates a lot of problems. But they did find a place to sleep at another family members house. It was a good thing that we passed by because she was ready to sleep outside. Alright now I am going to tell you something about where some of my personal money went this week so don´t get mad. It was Alijandro´s birthday on Saturday so I bought his family lunch. Talking about Saturday we had the baptism, which before they had an asuado so that was cool. It was pretty nuts because we did the baptism at a lake so by the time we did it, there were a lot of people swimming or sun taning. So we tried to find a spot a little away from them to do the baptism, but a lot of fun in all.
Sunday was pretty average. Nothing too exciting happened.
Well Love you all
Elder Ross Blaszczyk
PS Mom and Dad
Well that is pretty neat that so many people served in Argentina. Hey any luck with getting Tina Hardings address? I will see into the tailor thing this week. My fear is that my pants are pretty trashed.
PS Zach
You were Fired! A well hope your first day at work went well. Hey can you do me a big favor and look for 65 mustang from 5 for fighting and This is a story of a girl from 3 doors down. But only if you have time. You are not turning into gordan crane.
PS Madison and Justine
Movie reports on the movies we got for Christmas okay.
From: christopher blaszczyk
Date: Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 10:40 AM
Subject: baptism and the spirit
To:
Dear family
Well it is another week in Argentina. This week was just crazy. On Wednesday I had interviews with the mission President. It was really funny because we had them in our apartment. So that was a little interesting because there is not that much room. Like we had the actual interviews in our bedroom and we sat on our beds. But good interviews really short but good. The president is a busy guy. After interviews I had exchanges, which went really well. I was not in my area so basically you just follow the other guy around not really sure who anyone is. It was funny because I actually knew the family we had lunch with; it was crazy because I know their cousins from my last area in villa Libertador. They had come over once so I recognized the son. So it is really a small world.
This week we have been teaching a little boy named Alijandro a lot. He is the nephew of the branch presidents family. The thing is his family lives an hour away and the dad is not working because of an tumor beside his eye. But he is 9 so that makes it a lot different from other teaching experience. Like teaching Tithing with candy.
Friday I had a really cool spiritual experience well actually two. We stopped by the family that was having their daughter baptized. It was a good thing that we did because something had happened with their neighbor and they were put out about it. So we ended up talking about the problem because the mom and dad were pretty close to fighting. So we shared some scriptures and I could feel the spirit change in the house. We talked a lot about the scripture in D&C 100 and something about peace to your soul, when joseph smith was in Jail. And comparing it to their situation.
The second one was more important because after talking with this family I had the impression to go visit our president even though that was not really on our written plans. It was a good thing we did because we meet up with Alijandro and his Mom and his little sister. They did not have any where to sleep that night. The Mom was basically having a break down. So we walked with her and just kept her talking. She is under a lot of stress because of her husband's desies. The family is not that supportive also so that creates a lot of problems. But they did find a place to sleep at another family members house. It was a good thing that we passed by because she was ready to sleep outside. Alright now I am going to tell you something about where some of my personal money went this week so don´t get mad. It was Alijandro´s birthday on Saturday so I bought his family lunch. Talking about Saturday we had the baptism, which before they had an asuado so that was cool. It was pretty nuts because we did the baptism at a lake so by the time we did it, there were a lot of people swimming or sun taning. So we tried to find a spot a little away from them to do the baptism, but a lot of fun in all.
Sunday was pretty average. Nothing too exciting happened.
Well Love you all
Elder Ross Blaszczyk
PS Mom and Dad
Well that is pretty neat that so many people served in Argentina. Hey any luck with getting Tina Hardings address? I will see into the tailor thing this week. My fear is that my pants are pretty trashed.
PS Zach
You were Fired! A well hope your first day at work went well. Hey can you do me a big favor and look for 65 mustang from 5 for fighting and This is a story of a girl from 3 doors down. But only if you have time. You are not turning into gordan crane.
PS Madison and Justine
Movie reports on the movies we got for Christmas okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment