Monday, August 11, 2008

Fwd: My big new Baptisms

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: christopher blaszczyk
Date: Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 8:55 AM
Subject: My big new Baptisms
To:


Dear Family,

Well last week after sending you that quick note, the mail server went all crazy and I could not get back on so I had to use yahoo because Google did not work too. So I will resend you last week's letter with this one.
Well I have come to the conclusion that everyone of my cousins that is over the age of 18 will be married or engaged before I get home. But it is good to hear that Amandas wedding went well and there was lots of food left over. So what is the plan of action to get Amanda and Reg active and to the temple? (I can only send supportive emails so you guys are kind of flying solo with the lord on this one)
Well let's see Exciting new from my end. I AM HAVING TWO BAPTISMS ON SATURDAY. The two people are Exequila, who is 60 something with the disabled son, and Yamila , who is 10 and her mom is the one we are reactivating. So Elder Rodriguez and I are pretty stocked. I am baptizing Yamila, while my companion is baptizing Exequila. For Yamila she also took a pretty big step and went to our ward for the first time last Sunday. She had been going to the other ward we share the building with because her grandmother would bring her to that ward but now her mom is active so she comes with her.
Dad about Victoria she basically has stopped taking the lessons the thing with her was she liked to listen to us but was not completing with the commitments (that is the word in English I think) so we dropped her. But as it is the last week of the transfer we always find the coolest families. It was actually a reference from our ward mission leader. It is this wife's sisters family. They are four of the sweetest kids I have ever met. The kids names are Fredrico, who is 15, Lucas, who is 14, Cristian, who is 13, Candela, is 11 and one more little one that is 7. I had a way cool spiritual experience with them though that I will never forget. We were just going to teach a regular restoration lesson, but the Uncle (our ward mission had come with us) and bore this testimony of how the gospel bless his life. He mentioned that their father had died. So Elder Rodriguez and I changed our minds and decided to teach a little about the temple. It was my turn to teach and I don't know how to describe my feelings. I felt this intense need just to take those kids in my arms and tell them that they were loved that their dad was still very concerned about them. I felt like Elder Rodriguez and I were brought to that house and at this time to help this family. I could not describe it to them in my relatively crapy Spanish but they had felt the spirit. The rest of the lesson went really. Our only concern was that their mom might not let them go to church. But three of them were there yesterday. Candela the little girl was so funny because if she had gotten an answer about the book of Mormon. And she said yes and we were like was it good or bad and she said Mas o menos. Which is basically sort of in English and we were like how is just kind of sort of. She said I tell you when you come teach me tomorrow. So I will let you know next week how that goes. She is really smart girl. But that was my really cool experience for the week.

This week our zone has been trying to achieve the standard of excellence. This is this program to help us do basically everything. The only thing we did not have was eight in church, we had 7. My companion has never has had the standard of excellence once in this mission and he only has 4 months left in the mission. But all in all it was a good we. Last night we had to go to the zone leaders are to help them get some other lesson because they had a moutian of with member but were short on others. So that was fun because our zone leader are a bunch of cool people.

The Guitar is basically if I am having a really bad Day I go and play on it. So do not think I am really improviong though. But all well what are you going to do.

Spanish is going good, each day I am getting better. My companion I think just is shacking his head inside because it takes me forever to learn new word so I am going to try harder on that. But I basically understand everything everybody says now so that is good.

Well I am getting short on time so I love you, Fight the good fight
Elder Ross Blaszczyk

PS Mom and Dad,
Wow the house looks really nice form the photos you sent me. Ya so I might be using the wood bow for a long time because the next time a missionary gets caught watching porn we don't get internet for like 6 months. How long did the letter take to get to you guys any way? Mom do you have a calling yet? So I am gussing from your letter you guys found a natural gas bbq

PS Zach,
How is the life of a working man treating you bro? As you can see the mission life is keeping me busy. Oh Study preach my gospel a lot before you come out. It really does help at least memorize the first visison.

PS Madison and Justine,
Justine you got me truncky do not list movies and only tell me about them if you see them. Again how was Breaking dawn? But keep writing me because it is good to hear from you guys. How is the lake treating you?



No comments:

Post a Comment