Monday, September 8, 2008

Fwd: A week to be remebered or not

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: christopher blaszczyk
Date: Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 1:49 PM
Subject: A week to be remebered or not
To:


Dear family,
Well another relatively busy week. Lets start with our investigator report. Elder Fuste and I taught Cristian and Candela again this week. We just read out of the book of mormon and talked about obedience and praying frequently. Then we had a long discussion of who was going where for the weekend so they could get to church. But it all blew up in our face because the person who was supposed to bring them did not show up to church. What makes it worse is he is our ward Mission leader. So ya we are going to pass by today to see what happened there.
Then we are starting to work with this part member family. It is Yamila family the one I baptized a couple of weeks ago. The main thing right now is getting the confidence of the dad. So we usually just go over and talk with about just normal life. He has asked us a couple of questions so that could be a cool one. He said he was going to come to church but he did not. So we are going to see why none of them showed up.
As you can see the general trend this week was not church attendance. But we are have a new baptismal date with an old person. We are still needing to go talk to the parents so we are going to do that this week. Hopefully, we can get that all sorted out, because we guess the dad is made at fuste.
Then we had an emergency transfer for zone leaders this past week. So we said goodbye to the one that was leaving by giving him an asuado at a members house it was so much fun. I laughed a lot.
I also had exchanges this week and we went to this other Elder recent convert. She is pretty much crazy. I had met her before, but she is so funny.
I am doing this Preach my gospel mission study program. Right now we are on the plan of salvation and I was reading in Alma 42. It was a really good chapter it totally got me foucused on what I am supposed too be doing. I have not started draming in Spanish yet. But the three elders I live with tell me I speak a mixture of English and Spanish when I'm sleeping. But language wise everything is starting to gel sort of. I am really working hard on the conjugations.
Dad wants me to write what it is like to live work in the villa. It is always different. The people are pretty nice actually. But two weeks ago there was this guy in the middle of the street in our area, with a gun to the head of another guy there were a ton of cops around creating a barrier. Also it was in front of Yamila´s house. So we just walked around a couple of blocks then continued on our way. Also there are lots of dogs. I hate dogs so everybody knows, and will never own one when I get home.
The book of mormon program, is going okay. I have a fear that the office will run out of book of mormons though. That was pretty much my week,
Well I love you all,
Elder Ross Blaszczyk
PS Mom and Dad,
Well your calling sounds cool mom. Hopefully it goes well. So Dad is going to be traveling this next week. Good luck Dad!
PS Zach,
Man you are a party animal staying up to 3 am. Well Be safe and have fun. Giving blessing is such a cool experience even if it is only being in the circle.
PS Madison and Justine
Hey good luck with the new school year. Madison don´t worry so much and just have fun. Write me and tell me how school is going. I have not heard from you guys in a while.



No comments:

Post a Comment